The Head of Internal Communications & Editorial is responsible for the implementation of EIF’s communication activities with a view to ensuring the production of sound content about EIF’s activities, the positioning of the institution vis a vis a broad range of stakeholders and the strengthening of internal communication in a growing institution. The incumbent is further responsible for any external communication activity not pursued by EIB, in particular the communication strategy for mandates serviced by EIF. The Head of Internal Communications & Editorial will coordinate with EIB to facilitate the delivery of the communication activity for EIF. S/he will manage a small team.
The Head of Internal Communications & Editorial reports to the Head of Corporate Relations.
- Oversee the development of high quality content about EIF’s activities for external dissemination within the EIB group framework;
- Further develop and manage the EIF intranet, in close coordination with EIB; agree a joint communications plan in the areas of media and external on-line communication;
- Responsible for publications, presentations, speech writing and other editorial tasks performed within the unit;
- Responsible for internal communication activities;
- Co-ordinate EIF’s participation at external events (especially with EIB and EC); ensure the organisation of EIF events with a view to increasing the visibility of EIF and building its reputation with stakeholders;
- Lead, motivate and develop the team, ensuring right competencies of team members, objectives and motivation;
- Implement the communication strategy and policy with the relevant Commission’s services in the context of existing EC mandates and develop such strategies for new EC mandates;
- Develop close cooperation with all EIF services involved and cooperate closely with EIB’s Communication Department, contributing to the Group’s positioning.
- University degree, preferably at postgraduate level, in Communications or related field;
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant professional experience in the communication sector with proven management experience;
- Strong knowledge of content production;
- Good knowledge and understanding of the operational framework of EIF and the EIB Group;
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage;
- Proficiency in standard computer applications.
- Excellent communication and drafting skills;
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to deal with contacts at all levels;
- Outgoing personality with a passion for creativity;
- Ability to work on several projects both independently and in a multi-cultural team, with an aptitude for close co-operation and co-ordination;
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate;
- Problem solving-oriented, with high motivation, reliable, flexible and pro-active positive nature; genuine interest in EIF’s activity.
Deadline for applications: 10th September 2015