Applications are currently being accepted for the position of full-time HR and Administrative Assistant at the International Bureau of the Permanent Court of Arbitration (PCA). Reporting to the Administrator, a successful candidate will be assisting with the general administration of the International Bureau, including with respect to human resources.
The PCA is an international organization specialized in the resolution of international disputes founded in 1899 and based in The Hague. PCA staff work in the Peace Palace, which was constructed to house the PCA in 1913. The PCA is comprised of approximately 40 staff, fellows and interns of various nationalities, dedicated to facilitating the resolution of disputes involving states, state entities, and international organizations.
Under the supervision of the Administrator, the HR and Administrative Assistant will be responsible for:
• general office administration;
• assisting staff to resolve logistical or administrative issues which may arise;
• ordering of office equipment and supplies;
• addressing inquiries;
• human resource and protocol operations including maintenance of personnel records;
• monitoring contract renewals and extensions and preparing first drafts as requested;
• administration of the internship and fellowship programmes;
• workstation and office space planning;
• routine administration of recruitment including performing initial filter of applications;
• facilitating on-boarding of incumbents and separation procedures;
• project work as assigned; and
• any other related duties as directed.
Skills and Qualities
The ideal candidate for this position would have the following skills and qualities:
• fluency in written and spoken English is a requirement; working knowledge of Dutch is an asset;
• strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to balance a workload of conflicting priorities of varying complexity under time pressure;
• a high level of attention to detail;
• excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• sound judgment and impartiality in addressing staff concerns;
• a can-do attitude and ability to find practical solutions to issues;
• customer service orientation;
• initiative and willingness to lend a helping hand; and
• accountability for delegated tasks and dedication to the work of the organization as a whole.
The PCA is an international organization and staff enjoy privileges and immunities in the Netherlands including a salary exempt from Dutch income tax. Remuneration is in accordance with the OECD Salary Scales for the Netherlands. The HR and Administrative Assistant post will be classified in the B grade range of the salary scale commensurate with the successful candidate’s education and experience.
Deadline for applications is Monday, 15 January 2018. Interested applicants should send a cover letter and CV by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org