Purpose of Job
The Officer is responsible for all general admin tasks within the team with the added responsibility, such as budget management/assistance, portfolio administration, procurement administration etc. In addition, the Officer may also provide secretarial support to a number of Bankers/Managers or Director.
The Officer provides general administrative support whilst also taking on responsibility for important processes such as Budget and/or portfolio administration. The role also provides secretarial support for a number of senior level managers. This role will involve dealing with colleagues of all levels throughout the Bank as well as requiring some level of senior client communication.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
The Officer has some or all of the following accountabilities and responsibilities
- Proactively monitor the budget and review all charges to the team’s budget, either as Budget Officer or Alternate Budget Officer, to ensure the accuracy of all financial details and compliance with the Bank’s procedures.
- Daily responsibility for approving payments in SAP whether through the Expenses/Petty Cash system, purchase orders or parked journals. This may also involve managing all the cost recoveries.
- Liaise with Communications to ensure the accuracy of all the team’s internet and intranet pages.
- Manipulate data and produce reports through systems such as SAP, Data warehouse, CAR or BPN as requested.
- Maintain and manage data in EBRD-specific applications (PMM, DTM, etc.) to ensure accuracy of Bank records.
- Prepare Consultancy contract requests for the team to ensure a consistency of information received thus enabling the TC team to prepare them in a timely manner.
- Act as TC coordinator ensuring all related activity i.e. TC pipeline, TC Com submissions, TC admin tasks are completed in line with procedure.
- Prepare presentations and briefing notes for the team for speaking/meeting engagements.
- Function as the HR, IT, Stationery, Archives or Departmental coordinator to ensure the smooth running of the team and procedures are adhered too.
- Coordinate hotel/travel arrangements, itineraries, arranging visas and producing expense claims relating to travel & hospitality.
- Arrange and confirm meeting appointments for assigned bankers/managers.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- High School Education
- A recognised secretarial or business qualification would be useful, but is not essential
- Fluent English, with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of another language both written and spoken would be useful
- Administrative and secretarial experience essential
- High level of numeracy
- Attention to detail and eye for accuracy
- Ability to build effective working relationships with clients and colleagues at all levels in a multicultural environment
- Strong team player, with the ability to work highly efficiently and to handle simultaneous assignments involving a wide range of bank-wide contacts.
- Ability to exercise judgment on and deal discretely with confidential/sensitive information and data.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to prioritise and & manage time, manage work, cope under pressure with continuously changing priorities with no or little supervision, schedule own work and take initiative
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all levels in a multicultural environment
- Computer literate: Windows XP: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proven skills to do business correspondence and document writing, summarise information in written narratives and presentations including textual, numeric and graphic/charts parts
- Knowledge of SAP desirable but not essential
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities.
Read more and apply here.