The European Cancer Patient Coalition (ECPC) is a well-known and large European patients’ umbrella organization in the area of oncology, and is based in Brussels.
ECPC was set up in 2003, and works for a Europe of equality, where all European cancer patients have timely and affordable access to the best treatment and care available, throughout their life. ECPC works for the recognition of cancer patients and survivors as partners in their own healthcare and invites policy makers, researchers, doctors and industry to work all together in this direction.
The ECPC Intern Programme gives graduate students the opportunity to obtain training and exposure to ECPC’s work in the field of cancer and non-communicable diseases. All intern posts are based in Brussels and are open to citizens of the European Union as well as others who have right to live and work in Belgium without a work permit.
Currently, ECPC is looking for an enthusiastic person to fill a Congress & Communications Intern position starting on 22 January.
● Assisting in organization of ECPC Annual Congress 2018 gathering more than 170 ECPC Member Organisations, Partners and Friends, taking place on 8-9-10 June in Brussels;
● Assisting in developing event agenda, planning capacity building activities for ECPC members, liaising with speakers and external service providers;
● Overseeing registration process, booking travels and accommodation for all participants accordingly;
● Drafting prior and post event-related communications materials (newsletters, social media messages);
● Liaising with graphic designer to produce promotional and general congress materials;
● Answering and processing congress and general communications enquiries;
● Supporting ECPC Community & Communications Manager in daily activities.
● Graduate student, young professional looking to obtain experience and exposure to ECPC’s work in the field of cancer and non-communicable diseases;
● Have EU nationality and/or right to live and work in Belgium without a work permit;
● Have excellent verbal and written skills in English. Knowledge of other EU languages is an asset;
● Have fast word-processing skills and good command of Microsoft Office;
● Be proactive, flexible, and good communicators;
● Have excellent organisational and team working skills.
ECPC is offering six-month paid internship position of €751 per month plus STIB/MIVB metro pass and meal vouchers.
A cover letter and CV should be sent in English by 11 January 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating availability to start on 22 January 2018.
ECPC regrets that we are not able to acknowledge all applications received.