Office Country: United Kingdom
Office City: London
Division: VP, Policy and Partnerships
Dept./Bus. Group: External Relations and Partnerships
Business Unit: DCF – Operations, Planning and Reporting
Contract Type: Intern
Contract Length: 06 months
Posting End Date: 07/01/2018
Purpose of Job
Financial resources from donors for technical assistance and other grant or concessional instruments are crucial to help the Bank to deliver on its transition mandate. DCF works as a catalyst in raising and managing donor funds, working closely with other departments in the Bank, and ensuring that donor priorities are well understood in the Bank and that the Bank’s priorities are well understood by donors.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Support the preparation of the annual Grant Co-Financing report and the Funding Outlook (the two major EBRD analytical documents used for donor engagement);
- Support preparation of analysis on donor reporting and update associated databases;
- Assist with data gathering and reconciliation for reporting, liaising with teams for inputs as may be required;
- Keep up to date the internal donor and grant-related DCF databases;
- Assist on the reclassification of historical grant data as needed, especially in the light of ongoing change management projects;
- And support analysis, reporting and communication related to EU funding.
Graduate qualification in International Development/Relations, Economics, Business, Statistics or other relevant degree
Knowledge & Expertise:
- Excellent quantitative/numerical skills with the ability to interpret technical/financial information;
- Knowledge of international development and relations;
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal with an ability to write comprehensive text relating to donor funds for internal and external audiences;
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment and in teams;
- Attention to detail and ability to work with tight deadlines in a fast-moving environment;
- Ability to prioritise appropriately and work with varying levels of guidance;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint;
- Database and ERP (SAP preferably) knowledge an advantage.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities.
Read more and apply here.