Human Rights And Justice Sub-Practice Intern
Reporting to the Human Rights and Justice Adviser/Acting Democratic Governance Practice Team Leader, the following is expected from the intern:
- Writing, editing, communication and advocacy for human rights and justice (HR&J);
- Research/gather relevant knowledge products, resource materials from the region (and beyond) and share them with the HR&J Team/broader audience;
- Write articles, blogs for the newsletter (e-documentation), website, and web based platforms/knowledge networks on human rights and justice;
- Assist the staff of the HR&J sub-practice in developing advocacy and communication materials for the regional programme on human rights and justice;
- Assist the staff/team members of the HR&J sub-practice in the preparation of materials and presentations for online tools: workspaces, teamwork etc.;
- Be involved in the preparations (both substantive and logistics) for the thematic events;
- Any other relevant tasks deem necessary and appropriate (assigned by the supervisor).
UNDP Regional Centre for Europe and the CIS serves 25 countries and territories in Central and Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union, including those in Central Asia. UNDP work on human rights focuses on strengthening national human rights systems. This includes, among others, support to integration of human rights recommendations into national systems, and provision of support to National Human Rights Institutions (NHRIs) and Ombudsman institutions by developing their capacities to better fulfill their mandate of protecting and promoting human rights at the national level. Furthermore, UNDP supports countries and governments to develop strategies for making legal and justice services more available and accessible to disadvantaged groups, and, over the past decade, it has initiated a number of justice sector projects in various countries in the region, supporting reform processes and finding ways in which the judiciary would be more effective, transparent and responsive in delivering services to people, with a special focus on challenges posed by exclusion, vulnerability and marginalization. Part of UNDP work on human rights and justice is related to organization of number of regional and sub-regional initiatives to promote Country Offices’ demands, and to address some of the critical human rights and justice issues.
Location: Bratislava, SLOVAK REPUBLIC
Application Deadline: 24 February 2014