UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Under the direct supervision and guidance of Clara Anyangwe, Deputy Representative, the intern will assist the UN Women Rwanda office with project implementation and communication tasks. A work plan with achievements for the duration of the Internship and learning opportunities will be agreed upon.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the office in project implementation as needed;
- Undertake research for UN Women Rwanda’s communications products -such as case studies, factsheets, maps etc;
- Provide assistance in drafting and editing communication products (case studies, articles, blog entries, twitter updates, newsletters, fact sheets, videos, photo exhibitions, power point presentations, maps etc.) for UN Women Rwanda;
- Provide logistical support for high level visibility events arranged by UN Women and/or One UN Rwanda;
- Research potential donors, including foundations and private sector companies and prepare donor tailored material;
- Support the Communications and Resource Mobilization team in identifying trends and best practices;
- Support coordinating campaigns and outreach activities;
- Attend weekly UNCG meetings and working sessions and follow up on tasks as specified in these meetings;
- Cover field visits and meetings;
- Other tasks as required.
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Application deadline: 10-Dec-13