Deadline: 8 November 2017
Friends of the Earth campaigns for sustainable and just societies and for the protection of the environment. It unites more than 33 national organisations with thousands of local groups and is part of the world’s largest grassroots environmental network, Friends of the Earth International. Please see www.foeeurope.org for more information.
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the leading green NGOs in Brussels and to be part of a vibrant network of national member organisations. You will have the opportunity to have hands on experience and gain insights in non-profit financial management. FoEE also offers a highly motivating working environment in an international NGO and office located in an environmentally friendly NGO building
Reporting to the Finance Officer, you will be assisting and working alongside the other members of the team.
- Manage and update the team’s internal wiki site;
- Organise and process input to FoEE grants database;
- Support the team in financial reporting (year-end closing, budget, project reports);
- Support in managing internal financial processes and procedures;
- Events preparation and follow up (with FoEE programme teams);
- Preparation of the budget 2018
- Assist the team in year-end closing
- Assist during the annual audit process;
- Commitment to the values, vision and mission of Friends of the Earth Europe
- Relevant education (accounting, finance, business administration)
- High level of English (written and oral);
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong organisational and time management skills;
- Ability to work independently and take the initiative on projects;
- Good level of IT literacy (mainly Microsoft Office/Excel);
- Knowledge and/or experience in managing European funding;
The intern will be based in our office in Brussels, for 6 months (full-time, 5 days a week). The working language at FoEE is English.
Starting date: November 2017 (depending on availability)
Remuneration: 852 € / month NET, meal vouchers and transport allowance + 10 holiday days. Conditions are according to Belgian legislation including the legal ability to live and work in Belgium.
Do you feel you meet our criteria, and feel inspired by the objectives and challenges of the position? Then please send an email with an attached CV and a concise letter explaining your background and your motivation to:
firstname.lastname@example.org by November 8th, 2017 end of the day.
Interviews will be conducted in English in Brussels or via video link (on 14th and 15th of Nov. 2017). Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.