DEADLINE: 8 November 2017
EMMA is a non-profit organization representing over 15.000 magazine publishers throughout Europe publishing over 50.000 titles in Europe, reaching on average 80% of European adults. 300 million Europeans read magazines on a regular, consistent basis. More information is available at www.magazinemedia.eu.
ENPA is an international non-profit organization representing publishers of newspaper and news media on all platforms. ENPA is working on a number of areas of European policy and legislation which are essential for the effective day-to-day running of operations of local, regional and national newspapers. In a rapidly changing media environment, ENPA supports publishers with the aim of achieving a successful and sustainable future for independent news media in Europe. More information at www.enpa.eu.
EMMA and ENPA are offering an unpaid, full-time internship at the Secretariat’s offices in Brussels for a period of 3-6 months (a small allowance for transport and food will be paid). This internship will consist of support and assistance in the communication activities of both EMMA and ENPA. It will be of benefit particularly for anyone who seeks professional experience related to communications and event organisation in a membership-based association and who is interested in the developments in media policy.
The internship offers the possibility to learn about the work of both EMMA and ENPA, especially the advocacy and communication actions in Brussels. It also offers the opportunity for interns to hone their writing, editing, design and website development skills.
It consists of support and assistance in the following areas:
- Supporting the organization of EMMA and ENPA events (press events, conferences, meetings, etc).
- Supporting the EMMA and ENPA’s administration and organisational work, such as event registration, database management, etc.
- Updating and developing the EMMA and ENPA websites and other social media tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, blog etc.
- Contributing to the EMMA/ENPA newsletters.
- Support of the Communications Manager in developing and implementing new communication activities and projects for both associations.
- Candidates should have excellent English language skills and very good written and verbal communication skills; the knowledge of one other EU language would be an asset.
- Interest in event organization/management.
- Experienced user of Adobe InDesign is beneficial, knowledge of Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator a plus.
- Knowledgeable in HTML and the Adobe Business Catalyst CMS a plus. Familiarity with other CMS tools also ideal (WordPress, Wix, Jimdo).
- Strong IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database).
- The candidate should be self-motivated, well organized, and able to work efficiently and autonomously
- The person should be an excellent team-player and have a demonstrable interest in media and EU policy.
EMMA internships are only open to candidates registered in a University/school/institute, as a contract must be signed between EMMA and the student’s home university. Please note that this is a compulsory condition; applications that do not match this criterion will not be short listed.
How to apply:
Please send a CV and covering letter to Marjolaine Detry on the following email address: Marjolaine.Detry@magazinemedia.eu.
Subject heading: Application Intern + your name
Only candidates invited for interview will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the right candidate is found. Our ideal start date for this position is November 2017.