The European Investment Fund (EIF) is seeking to recruit for its Mandate Management / Northern Europe Division, at its headquarters in Luxembourg or from a local office, a, Mandate Manager – Sweden and/or Finland
The incumbent will contribute to the overall mandate management activities in the Northern Europe region and, in particular, to the development and execution of the ‘Fund of Funds’ initiave in Sweden and possibly similarly initiatives in Finland.
S/he will be responsible for managing the relevant mandate aspects including the relationship with national and regional authorities, investment and developmetal agencies and public bodies. S/he will represent the EIF at relevant boards/committees, and advise Member States regions on strategic issues where appropriate.
In the context of the above, depending on the seniority and skills of the selected candidate, s/he will undertake senior managerial tasks in respect of this particular region within the remit of the Division and may be required to coach /supervise more junior team members.
The chosen candidate will report to the Head of Division and will work in close collaboration with other EIB Group services, the European Commission and National Authorities.
- Develop, secure and implement the mandate relationship with the authorities in Sweden and Finland with particular regard to the ‘Fund of Funds’ initiative targeting this marketplace;
- Originate and develop new business opportunities and products within EIF remit and according to its strategy and mission;
- Maintain existing and establish new contacts so as to develop a strong network, in the relevant region, with external parties entrusting resources to the Fund such as the European Commission, local development agencies, relevant members states and regions as well as other business partners;
- Support the process when transactions are being implemented under mandates managed by the Division ensuring the necessary interface and compliance with applicable mandate requirements;
- Participate in various horizontal tasks across the EIB Group going beyond the strict boundaries of own domain, in order to facilitate the execution of relevant business. This will include the ability to understand other EIB Group products and seek out opportunities to introduce relevant players to the Group when suitable.
- University degree, preferably at postgraduate level, in Finance/Economics/Law or a related subject;
- At least seven years’ relevant work experience in a similar role or level of responsibilities;
- Any other prior experience in financial engineering instruments, as well as management of contacts with local authorities would be considered a significant plus;
- Knowledge of regional development issues and policies, legislation at national and/or EU levels would be an advantage;
- Proven track record in the field of financial instruments for SMEs would be a significant asset;
- Fluency in English, Swedish and possibly Finnish is required. Knowledge of other languages relevant for the remit of the Division would be an advantage.
- Team-working and pioneering spirit;
- Strong commercial and negotiation skills;
- Sense of responsibility, organisation and initiative;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Excellent drafting skills;
- Problem solving approach.
Application deadline: 15 July 2015