Civil society leaders are welcome to apply for participation in an international Training of Trainers (ToT) programme
- Do you work for or with civil society organisation (CSO)?
- Do you wish to contribute to the improved dialogue between civil society and state authorities?
- Are you committed to help CSOs to become more effective in reform processes?
Then this programme is a good chance for you to acquire new skills and knowledge in this field, find like-minded colleagues and enhance your professional growth.
This programme is managed by the EU-funded technical assistance (TA) project „Civil Society. Dialogue for Progress” aiming at supporting civil society organisations in the EU Eastern Partnership countries to become stronger players in policy dialogue.
The Training of Trainers programme is open for participants from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine. It is planned to be implemented from the end of March 2015 till the end of September 2015, combined in four face-to-face training units, one week each. The training topics to be covered in the programme are among others:
Unit № 1 Organisational development for CSOs
- Strategic planning;
- Organisational capacity assessment;
- Human resource and volunteer management;
- Project management (in particular of EU projects);
- Change management;
- Mechanisms to ensure CSOs sustainability.
Unit № 2 Participation of CSOs in policy dialogue, monitoring of policy processes
- Grassroot-oriented lobbying and advocacy;
- Instruments of public control over the government activities: monitoring, policy analysis etc.;
- Public participation in policy-making;
- PR and media for CSOs;
- Budgetary processes and monitoring.
Unit № 3 Strengthening the role of CSOs in the sphere of effective influencing on the policy process andreforms
- Facilitation of stakeholder consultations and building networks;
- Tools for effective participation in policy dialogue at national and local levels.
Unit № 4 Conclusion and follow-up
- Design and planning of training programs for CSOs of different levels;
- Exchange of good practices and establishing a ‘community of training practice’;
- EU-strategies for supporting CSOs in order to include them in dialogue with state authorities and monitoring of policy making and policy implementation.
Between the units the participants will be given assignments where they are asked in country groups to apply the gained knowledge in practice. The ToT might be further accompanied and consulted by peer groups, collegial consultations and supervision.
The programme will be delivered in English language. Graduates of the programme will receive certificates issued by the TA project. Costs related to the participation in this programme (including travel, accommodation and catering during the training units) will be covered by the TA project.
Applicants for participation in this programme should meet the following criteria:
– Experience of work for or with civil society organisations
– Experience in conducting trainings (preferably related to the training topics listed above)
– Commitment to share gained knowledge with civil society organisations
– Availability to attend all training units and to accomplish assignments
– Advanced knowledge of English language
– Citizenship of one of the EU Eastern Partnership countries (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine)
Application deadline: 30 January 2015