Pax Christi International is a plural faith-based worldwide peace network. It promotes a vision of just peace which is rooted in the Gospel and includes a global framework of structures and systems advancing the fullness of a dignified life for all people and their communities, unquestioned respect for human rights, and ecological sustainability.
Pax Christi International is looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated communications volunteer to join its Brussels office and assist the Communications Team with the production of content for its website, blog, social media channels and related communication outlets.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with production and distribution of web and print communication materials;
- Assist with preparation and publication of Pax Christi International’s newsletter;
- Assist with update and general management of contacts database;
Engage professionally with social media such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.;
- Monitor Pax Christi International’s online presence using open source data analytics;
- Assistance in planning and logistics for Pax Christi events, as needed.
Work on a variety of tasks associated with the daily work of the Secretariat, as needed;
- Attend occasional weekend and evening meetings.
- Student/recent graduate in a relevant field (media studies, journalism, communications);
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English; additional languages (e.g. French or Spanish) would be a plus;
- Strong command of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Experience in using social media for advocacy purposes;
- Knowledge of content management systems (CMS); multimedia skills (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite or similar software) highly desirable.
- Ability to work in close co-operation with others in a multi-cultural setting;
- Interest in working in a non-profit, non-governmental, international organisation that promotes just peace, peace spirituality and social justice.