The European Youth Forum (YFJ) is the Platform of Youth Organisations in Europe. Independent, democratic and youth-led, it represents more than 90 National Youth Councils and International Youth Organisations from across the Continent. The Youth Forum works to empower young people to participate actively in society to improve their own lives, by representing and advocating their needs and interests and those of their organisations towards the European Institutions, the Council of Europe and the United Nations.
• Co-ordinate the advocacy work of the European Youth Forum towards the United Nations System;
• Liaise with different bodies and agencies of the United Nations System (Youth Focal Point, UNESCO,UNFPA, etc);
• Coordinate the Global and Regional Youth co-operation youth work of the European Youth Forum (Africa, Mediterranean and Arab Regions and Latin-America and Caribbean);
• Coordinate the work of the European Youth Forum towards Global Youth coordination structures;
• Liaise with the different institutions and partners of the YFJ in different regions of the world;
• Monitor the EU’s development and external relations policies, with particular attention to their impact on young people;
• Actively advocate for the consideration of youth in the policies of international and regional organisations;
• Draft briefings, reports, working and strategy papers;
• Write articles for internal and external YFJ publications;
• Organise, run and participate in international meetings and projects and coordinate their follow-up;
• Contribute to the development of the policies of the European Youth Forum
• Cooperate with YFJ Member Organisations on issues related to the United Nations System.
Deadline for application: 13 April 2014 (23h59 CET)