The European Youth Forum (YFJ) is the Platform of Youth Organisations in Europe. Independent, democratic and youth-led, it represents more than 90 National Youth Councils and International Youth Organisations from across the Continent. The Youth Forum works to empower young people to participate actively in society to improve their own lives, by representing and advocating their needs and interests and those of their organisations towards the European Institutions, the Council of Europe and the United Nations.
The Forum is recruiting a Institutions Coordinator.
The successful candidate will work in the Policy and Advocacy department, and will report to the head of department and will be responsible to ensure the coordination of the relationships with the institutions the Youth Forum is working with
• Coordinate the relationships of the YFJ towards the Institutions (Council of Europe and United Nations System) and bodies of the European Union (EU).
• Liaise and develop relations with different Institutions and bodies of the EU, in particular with the European Commission, the Council of the European Union, the European Parliament, the Committee of the Regions and the European Economic and Social Committee.
• Advocate the YFJ’s positions in the EU Institutions and coordinate the YFJ’s lobbying of the EU and its Member States.
• Ensure the monitoring of policies and initiatives in the different working areas of the YFJ in cooperation with the relevant staff members.
• Draft briefings, reports, working and strategy papers.
• Write articles for internal and external YFJ publications.
• Organise, run and participate in international meetings and projects and coordinate their follow-up, independently or in cooperation with institutions .
• Cooperate with YFJ Member Organisations on issues related to the EU.
Deadline for application 13 April 2014 (23h59 CET)