Job Title: Administrative and Secretarial support
Job Location: Delegation Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Gross monthly salary with 5 years of experience: MYR 3,747.00
Overall purpose: Under the authority of the Head of Administration, to provide general assistance, mainly administrative and secretarial support to the delegation plus assisting in financial work.
Functions and Duties:
i) Responsible or deputy of different files in particular:
- Assist Administrative section on administrative, budgetary, procurement management and human resource management matters regarding all Delegation’s staff (including missions, leave planning, payroll, insurance, medical insurance, provident funds, severance grant, etc);
- Support and replace the Accountant when the latter is absent;
- Maintenance of staff, contractors and suppliers’ records including information on legal entities and bank accounts for internal accounting system;
- Follow implementation of infrastructure files (lease of office and housing, maintenance contracts and other office contracts and equipment);
- Preparation of purchasing orders and tender files;
- Responsible for the up keeping of the Inventory (records and database) of items and goods;
- In close coordination with the Head of Administration, in-charge of Delegation’s IT (management of IT maintenance contract, contact with HQ Helpdesk).
ii) General administrative duties:
- Assisting Head of Administration in tasks such as coordination of appointments and diary, liaising as necessary with colleagues and contacts, compose and draft routine correspondence, administrative notes, circulars, etc. Replying to requests from HQ, local authority and others. Assist in the preparation of Delegation’s reporting to HQ;
- Maintaining the administrative filing system, archives and office supplies;
- Contact with service providers, contractors, ministries and organisations as well as to Embassies;
- Organising together with other Sections and support to external missions from Headquarters, other Delegations or other European institutions. Assist in the organisation of Delegations events and meetings;
- Performing other tasks as assigned by the Head of Administration, or in his absence, the Accountant;
- Partake as needed in all the work of the Delegation.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 21 March 2014.