We offer a post of Budget Officer . Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Budget Officer – this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation.
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 28 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to Bangladesh represents the EU in Bangladesh. We work closely with all of the EU member countries who have diplomatic representation in Bangladesh.
This Delegation represents the EU as a whole, as part of the EU’s unified diplomatic corps – the European External Action Service. Our Head of Delegation (Ambassador) is the official representative of the EU in Bangladesh.
The Delegation functions much like an Embassy and represents the EU in its dealings on political issues, trade, development, cooperation, etc.
By engaging with political actors, the media, academics, business circles, civil society and citizens, we raise awareness of EU issues and concerns, and promote a stronger partnership between the EU and Bangladesh.
We offer a post of Budget Officer . Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Budget Officer – this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function the successful candidate will serve as support staff to He/she will be responsible for providing assistance in financial, contractual and audit matters for external assistance projects managed by the Delegation of the European Commission. under the supervision and responsibility of the relevant head of section.
Ability to work in a multicultural environment with standard working hours (37.5 hours/week). This is a Group 1 position, based in Dhaka. EU offers an attractive salary (Basic per month: BDT. 218,792 – 454,704)
We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
We look for
- Bachelor degree in relevant discipline such as economy, law, finance or accounting. The suitable candidate will have at least 7 years relevant post-degree work experience achieved in either the public or private sector. Experience with donor agencies would be an asset. Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to carry out the daily work in a team –working spirit is essential. A good command of English and Bangla is required.
Functions and Duties:
He/she will be responsible for providing assistance projects managed by the Delegation of the European Commission.
- To verify and validate the financial and budgetary aspect of the projects and programmes under External assistance.
- To control, monitor and execute the financial transactions and activities of the projects.
- To enter and validate data in the Commission’s computerized systems CRIS and ABAC for the management of projects and contracts.
- To initiate a contracts and finance visa on programme estimates.
- To assure inter-service coordination with other sections of the Delegation and Headquarters.
- To assess payment requests in light of the contractual conditions.
- To undertake any other assignment that may be requested with a view to the efficient functioning of the Finance, Contracts and Audit Section.
- To prepare, maintain and update data on project costs including unit costs for services, works and supplies in all regions of Bangladesh.
- To carry out control checks on new legal commitments, such as new financing proposals, financing agreements, contracts and addenda.
- To ensure compliance with the procurement rules in calls for proposals and tender procedures launched by the Delegation of the European Union or other Implementing Bodies.
- To execute procurement procedures within the framework of projects including preparation and/or revision of tender announcements and documents, verification of compliance with procedures and evaluation, preparation and/or revision of contracts (services, supply, works, grants).
- To prepare internal procurement evaluation reports.
- To ensure the secretariat of evaluation committees.
- To manage all issues relating to the smooth functioning of the CRIS and ABAC IT systems.
- Prepare the Annual Audit Plan of the Delegation to be submitted to Headquarters.
- Prepare standard ToRs for all audits/verification missions and specific ToR’s for ad-hoc audits.
- Contract auditors for the timely implementation of all audits/verification missions.
- Liaise with audit firms and coordinate all associated correspondence with them.
- Follow-up conclusions and recommendations of auditors including implementing audit findings e.g. recovery orders.
- Prepare waiver files for recovery orders for transmission to Headquarters for final decision.
- To execute any other assignment that may be requested to ensure the efficient functioning of the Delegation.
- Fit for work examined by physician.
The deadline for applications is: Saturday, 16 September 2017