The Innovation and Networks Executive Agency (INEA) is looking for an Assistant Accountant (Temporary agent)
The jobholder will be an Assistant Accountant who reports to the Accountant. S/he will be responsible for tasks related to the implementation of accounting in the Agency.
S/he will in particular carry out:
– Contribute to the implementation of the accounting processes and the preparation of reports on budgetary and general accounts and/or third party files.
– Participate in year change activities, perform periodic control procedures and prepare the periodical reporting on accounting and internal control activities.
– Manage the bank accounts, the execution of payments and ensure reconciling of bank accounts.
– Draw up procedures and recommendations; follow up of the implementation of the action plans.
– Assist in the up-dating of the Agency’s manual of procedures concerning the accounting and provide guidance on it.
– Assist the Accountant as a back-up in managing the liaison with the European Court of Auditors, coordinate the collection of the requested information for audits and assist in the preparation of the Agency’s response to the audit reports in order to guarantee the quality and coherence of the information.
– Other administrative and financial work in function of needs of the service.
The basic monthly salary, before any deductions or allowances, at 1 July 2010 for grade AST3, first step is € 3.397,73.
The place of employment will be Brussels, Belgium.
Application deadline: 21th March 2014 midnight