S/he will in particular carry out:
• Contribute to the implementation of the accounting processes and the preparation of reports on budgetary and general accounts and/or third party files.
• Participate in year change activities, perform periodic control procedures and prepare the periodical reporting on accounting and internal control activities.
• Manage the bank accounts, the execution of payments and ensure reconciling of bank accounts.
• Draw up procedures and recommendations; follow up of the implementation of the action plans.
• Assist in the up-dating of the Agency’s manual of procedures concerning the accounting and provide guidance on it.
• Assist the Accountant as a back-up in managing the liaison with the European Court of Auditors, coordinate the collection of the requested information for audits and assist in the preparation of the Agency’s response to the audit reports in order to guarantee the quality and coherence of the information.
• Other administrative and financial work in function of needs of the service.
The Innovation and Networks Executive Agency (INEA is managing the technical and financial implementation of parts of the Commission’s programme Connecting Europe Facility (CEF) for transport, energy and telecommunications, as well as parts of the specific objectives “Smart Green and integrated transport” and “Secure, clean and efficient energy” of part III societal challenges of the Horizon 2020 Specific Programme. It also continues with the implementation of the legacy of the Trans-European transport network programme and the legacy of the Marco Polo programme.
Applications must be sent no later than 29th August 2014 midnight.