Vacancy for a post of Administrative and Financial Assistant (Contract Agent, Grade FG IV) in the European Asylum Support Office (EASO)
The project “Promoting the participation of European Neighbourhood Policy countries in the work of EU agencies” will be implemented within the framework of the EASO external dimension. The aim of the project is to promote the participation of Jordan in the work of EASO, as well as the participation of Tunisia and Morocco in the work of EASO and Frontex. It is funded by an EU grant of approximately 1 million EUR for an 18 months period. The Administrative and Financial Assistant will be working under the supervision of the Programme Coordinator and will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Prepare and process procurement orders, payment requests, mission and expense reimbursement claims and other relevant financial processes related to the project activities;
- Assist in managing the project funds, including monitoring of project expenditures in accordance with the work plan and EU financial regulations;
- Verify supporting documents attached to claims, invoices and requests for payments;
- Maintain records and check transactions;
- Maintain financial project files and records, archive financial/administrative related project documentation;
- Support the drafting of narrative and financial reports;
- Organise travel and accommodation arrangements for missions and for other project activities;
- Provide organisational and logistical support for project meetings and workshops;
- Perform general administrative tasks such as organising correspondence, maintaining contact lists of project partners and stakeholders, drafting minutes and checking the formal quality of documents;
- Perform any other duties required in the interest of the project.
The pay for a Contract Agent FG IV (step 1) consists of a basic salary of EUR 3,145.45 weighted by the correction coefficient (for Malta currently 84.4%) supplemented with various allowances, including expatriation and family allowances.
The place of employment is Valletta Harbour (Malta).
The closing date for submission of the applications is 28th of March 2014 at 13:00hrs (Brussels time).