- gather and monitor daily incoming information in English and Russian;
- analyse political developments in Central Asia;
- assist in political reporting;
- draft background notes on specific issues;
- contribute to administrative tasks as required;
- attend conferences and seminars upon request.
The candidates shall be nationals of EU Member States. They shall have a university background related to international relations, political science, economics, law or languages and a good knowledge of the countries in transition (CIS/Eastern Europe). Analytical and drafting capacities are required. Good organisation, dynamism and sense of initiative are appreciated. Fluency in English and Russian is required. Knowledge of French is desirable.
The posts are available for 6 months. They are based in Astana, Kazakhstan.
Application deadline: 23/09/2014