The EU Delegation, Yangon, Myanmar is looking for a Local Agent Project Officer, Social Sector/Civil Society
Line of responsibilities:
The project Officer will be part of the development section and will work under the direct supervision of the Head of Development section
The Project Officer will be responsible for the preparation and follow-up of projects in the priority sectors in the development cooperation with Myanmar and in particular in the social sector and/or civil society.
Functions and Duties :
• Project identification and appraisal according to the Multiannual Indicative Program, and Thematic Programs.
• Technical, financial and administrative follow up of relevant projects, including but not limited to:
– Preparation, follow up, monitoring, invoicing review and reporting of the relevant projects, including evaluation of reports and overall / annual work plans.
– Monitoring of on going projects, including field visits, on the spot evaluation and control of payments and contracts performance.
– Dissemination of projects information to third parties (EU Member States, Government of Myanmar…) upon approval of the Head of Section and reply to enquiries.
– Contribution to the Delegation management reports, press releases, web site and CRIS updates.
• Coordination and liaison:
– Liaison with relevant Myanmar Government Ministries and state agencies, NGOs and stakeholders, including participation and reporting on all relevant meetings.
– Follow up of the activities of other donors and international organizations, analysis of their strategies.
– Liaison with relevant units in EC Brussels.
• Policy analysis and follow up of main developments in the relevant sectors.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 4:00pm, Friday, 23 May 2014