to Timor-Leste has a vacancy for a
(Agriculture / Rural Development)
The Delegation of the European Union (EU) to Timor-Leste is looking for an enthusiastic and committed professional for the post of Programme Officer to contribute to the management of the EU’s external assistance to Timor-Leste in the Rural Development / Agriculture sectors.
Carry out tasks as Programme Officer under the authority of the Head of Delegation and under the supervision of the Head of Section.
Functions and Duties:
To carry out the following functions related to the management of EU external assistance in Timor-Leste in the field of local socio-economic development, including (but not limited to) local infrastructure, agriculture, health and environment.
1) Sector Analysis, strategy formulation and programming
(Function type: Policy Analysis)
- Support policy dialogue with ministries, agencies, donors and other stakeholders active in the above sectors.
- Contribute to sector analysis and to the definition of a sector strategy for areas dealt with.
2) Sector reporting
(Function type: Internal Communication)
- Observe, monitor, analyse and report regularly and in the appropriate fashion (including early warnings on potential problems) on issues in the above sectors (at local, national, regional and international level), as well as in response to specific requests.
3) Project cycle management
(Function type: Programming/Project/Process Management)
- Contribute to the programming, identification and appraisal of projects in the above sectors in close cooperation with all project stakeholders.
- Contribute to all aspects of the procurement process (drafting terms of reference, launching tenders and/or call for proposals, assisting in the tendering/evaluation, contracting process, etc).
- Ensure the effective follow-up and close monitoring of ongoing projects, attend management and monitoring meetings (including monitoring field visits) and report accordingly, elaborate progress reports when required, check payment requests, evaluate claims, review and approve progress reports, and propose actions as needed.
- Support mid-term reviews, external monitoring missions, and evaluations of projects, and ensure that recommendations are implemented.
- Facilitate coordination among all project stakeholders and with complementary projects from other development partners in the same fields.
- Give an “operational initiation visa” on documents when required.
4) Representation, Negotiation, Participation
(Function type: Representation, Negotiation, Participation)
- Maintain good and effective contacts with the local operators in the field, with the national and district authorities and institutions concerned, with representatives of the missions of the EU member states, with representatives of other development partners, with NGOs and other Non-State Actors.
- Assist in the organisation of missions from the European Commission’s headquarters.
- Prepare briefings and information notes to the Head of Section/Head of Delegation as may be required.
5) Communication relating to programme and projects
(Function type: External Communication)
- Produce and disseminate information on projects for newsletters, workshops, seminars, conferences and other public events and reports, with emphasis on best practices and results.
- Assist in the organisation of public events related to EU cooperation with Timor-Leste
- Build appropriate networking to disseminate and promote EU cooperation in Timor-Leste in the above-mentioned fields.
Application deadline: by 17.00 hrs on 07 April 2015