Under the overall guidance of the Project Manager for the UN Youth Volunteer Programme, the intern will support the implementation of the project through communicating with project partners, UNV Field Units as well as research and monitoring developments through different channels. Depending on the
competencies and interests of the interns, assignments will include:
- Assist the preparation of stakeholder workshops
- Monitor, analyze and synthesize developments, press clippings and reports with regards to the relevant global policy frameworks and developments.
- Develop reports or policy briefs with reviews of practices, lessons learned, and recommendations on good practices in relation to the integration of volunteerism into the relevant policy frameworks.
- Research, collect, analyze and edit documents related to evidence of youth volunteerism impact on development.
- Assist project activities at UNV HQ in general.
- Take minutes and prepare presentations and documents for in-house committees and Field Units.
- Perform other duties as required.
The interns are also expected to strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism as well as the above mentioned policy frameworks by reading relevant UNV and other publications.
UN Youth Volunteer Programme
Assisting with organization of stakeholder workshops
Duration: 3 – 6 months (starting in November 2013) at UNV headquarters in Bonn, Germany.
Application deadline: 30 September 2013