UNICEF Bulgaria is looking for a
The consultant will be assisting UNICEF office with the following:
1. Provide technical support to UNICEF program activities related to data gathering and ensure timely availability of the requested information;
2. Review the availability and use of local, sub-regional and regional level data and recommend improvements/additions to facilitate gathering of required data to timely inform the policy;
3. Examine the validity and usefulness of the routine programme monitoring and assist in improving the tools in line with the associated objectives;
4. Assist the selection of indicators and other relevant tools for monitoring and following up of the different UNICEF programmes and activities and support assessment of developments and results;
5. Provide recommendations on improvement of data gathering at national and local level;
6. Provide recommendations on strengthening child rights monitoring in terms of data collection;
7. Support preparation of terms of references reports and studies by providing relevant data and methodology;
8. Compile data from project monitoring activities for various reporting requirements.
9. Advise and support UNICEF staff in the effective use and presentation of quantitative
10. Assist the preparation of analytical reports and policy support documents,
11. Support partnerships with knowledge institutions for the identification of capacity gaps in terms of human resources, processes, indicators etc related to child rights monitoring and suggest strategies to address them;
12. Assist preparation process for the eventual conduct of a Multiple indicator cluster survey (MICS);
13. Assess gaps in data systems including TransMonee and CRING;
14. Updates of the Situation Analysis of Children and Women, focusing on disparities and equity;
15. Others as requested by the office.
It is expected that the assignment will take place in the period January-December 2014 for a maximum of 50 days.
Application deadline: 19 January 2014