The office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is seeking a candidate to fill the vacancy of the following position:
Human Resources Associate (G-6) in Brussels, Belgium – position 10002890
UNHCR are looking for a motivated and flexible individual who will function under direct supervision of the Regional Admin/HR Officer, assisting in Personnel Administration and other HR related matters of staff for the Regional Representation for Western Europe and the Bureau for Europe. The incumbent will have close working relationship with the staff-related services in UNHCR, such as the Personnel Administration & Payroll Section, Medical Service, Staff Welfare and Global Learning Centre.
The incumbent will perform the following tasks:
– Advise staff members on their rights, obligations, benefits and entitlements, and assist them in interpreting UN/UNHCR staff rules and regulations.
– Participate in the recruitment of local staff including the drafting of vacancy notices and arranging for tests on the required skills. Draft submissions for the review by the local Assignments Committee.
– Administer recruitment, assignment and reassignment of local staff, in accordance with UN/UNHCR rules and procedures. Update personnel records in the office.
– Assist and coach administrative staff performing personnel administration related functions, including maintenance of the attendance, overtime and leave records.
– Provide input in the review of the training needs of the staff, making appropriate proposals to meet identified needs.
– Assist newly-arrived international staff with administrative formalities related to their accreditations, Belgian id-cards, submission of completed forms and related documents to headquarters, arrangements for their onward travel to the field office, if applicable.
– Provide administrative support to staff and dependants in case of medical evacuations.
– Maintain liaison with the counterparts at support sections and divisions at headquarters on matters related to the personnel administration support, medical and other issues of staff welfare and safety.
– Perform other duties as required.
Contract period: 1 year renewable
Application deadline: 24 October 2014 at 5 p.m.