The mandate of the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) is to promote regional cooperation for inclusive economic and social development in the Asian and Pacific region. ESCAP’s role as a regional development arm of the United Nations Secretariat is to support its membership, through its analytical, normative and technical cooperation, to respond to the development priorities and changing needs of the Asian and Pacific region.
This position is located in the Organizational Development and Staffing Unit, Human Resources Management Section, Division of Administration. The Human Resources Assistant reports directly to the Associate Human Resources Officer.
Under the direct supervision of the Associate Human Resources Officer and the overall direction of the Chief of the Unit, the incumbent is required to perform the following functions:
Recruitment and placement
• Processes requests for contracts of consultants including its issuance, extension, and amendments (as necessary); also assists in the creation of their index number and personnel files.
• Ensures that requests are in accordance with the provisions of administrative instructions.
• Provides advice/answers to queries related to consultancies as and when required.
• Processes applications for job openings for General Service and Professional and senior-level positions, including preparing and maintaining electronic case files for candidates, reviewing preliminary evaluations, conducting roster management, reviewing short-lists of candidates, and arranging interviews.
• Assists in the filling of posts for all categories, including initiating and following-up on reference checks and academic verifications, ensuring the completion of the pre-recruitment formalities, including designations.
• Assists in the evaluation and screening of applications of candidates and in organizing assessments and examinations.
High school diploma or equivalent is required. A first-level university degree in business administration or related field is desirable.
A minimum of 5 years of experience in human resources management, administration or related area. Experience in recruitment/staffing is highly desirable. Experience with enterprise resource system or related systems is desirable. Experience in the UN Common System or international organizations is desirable.
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Application deadline: 26 July 2015