The European Environment Agency (EEA) is organising an open competition with a view to recruiting a temporary agent to work as Project Officer – Human Resources and further with a view to establishing a reserve list.
Under the responsibility of the Head of Human Resource Management Group, reporting to the Head of Administrative Services Programme, the Project Officer shall be responsible for the following tasks:
- Provide general support to staff in HR-related matters;
- Support in procedures related to staff taking up duties and termination of service;
- Focal point for questions related to the Joint Sickness Insurance Scheme and liaising with EEA medical adviser (annual medicals and other matters);
- Support in the formal procedures for secondment of national experts (incl. monitoring of expiries and extensions, insurances);
- Monitoring of employment contracts (expiries and extension procedures, probationary period reports, etc.);
- Focal point for matters related to interim staff;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of staff policies, rules and internal procedures and guidelines, in particular drafting and updating documents related to the specific HR tasks;
- Establishment and maintenance of personal files;
- Back-up for the management of leave and absences;
- Support in areas related to individual rights and entitlements;
- Provide general support and back-up to the Human Resource Management Group.
Candidates applying must satisfy the following eligibility criteria on the closing date for the submission of applications:
a) A level of post-secondary education attested by a diploma, OR a level of secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education and appropriate professional experience of at least 3 years;
b) Following the award of one of the qualifications above, candidates must have a minimum of 6 years of relevant professional experience.
In addition, in order to be eligible a candidate must:
- Be a national of one of the member countries of the EEA (Member States of the European Union plusIceland,Liechtenstein,Norway,SwitzerlandandTurkey);
- Enjoy full rights as a citizen;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by law concerning military service;
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the EEA member countries and a satisfactory knowledge of another of these languages (corresponding to level B.2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for languages );
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved;
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post.
Candidates should assess carefully and check before submitting their application whether they fulfil all the conditions for admission laid down in the vacancy notice, particularly in terms of qualifications and relevant professional experience.
The place of work will be Copenhagen, Denmark.
Closing date for application: Monday 14 September 2015, at 12.00 noon (Central European Time)