Under the supervision of the EU Visibility and Reporting Officer, the work of the Visibility and Communications intern will include the following duties:
- Creating content, translating, editing and updating Dutch language Facebook and Twitter accounts as well as other social media outlets;
- Assist in the implementation of any Europe-level EU visibility campaigns in collaboration with WFP field offices, European liaison offices and headquarters;
- Monitor and report on national media coverage of issues related to the work and mandate of WFP;
- Draft press releases, materials for pamphlets, brochures and multimedia programmes for external distribution to the public, the media, educational institutions, non-governmental agencies and donors;about the work of WFP to promote better understanding of its objectives and activities;
- Assist in the organisation of media briefings and interviews for the WFP Brussels director and visitingmanagers from WFP (Executive Director (ED), Deputy EDs, Country and Regional Directors);
- Analyze and keep up to date on activities and political and social events that may be of interest or affectWFP within the assigned geographical area (EU institutions and Belgium);
- Contribute to the conceptualisation and design of communication strategies, with particular emphasis oninteraction with the Belgian public and media and the wider European public (in collaboration with WFP
European liaison offices);
- Perform other related duties as required.
Apply before August 10th, 2013.
Read more and apply here.