The internship is centred on assisting ESCAP’s Strategic Communications and Advocacy Section (SCAS) in discharging a range of strategic communications and public information tasks to raise the organizations visibility. The following responsibilities can be adapted, as appropriate, to fit each intern.
• Draft press releases and other public information materials, including text for social media (in English);
• Help translate information materials from English into Thai and vice versa, if applicable;
• Help obtain/translate news clippings on the UN and ESCAP from newspapers and online sources, if needed;
• Prepare media market analysis and provide suggestions for strategic media outreach, if needed;
• Prepare questionnaires on strategic communications and advocacy as well as public information activities, conduct related surveys, and analyse the results, if needed;
In cooperation with the Multimedia Intern the Public Information Intern also:
• Provide research for backgrounders/information materials;• Help prepare the daily ESCAP Morning News Headlines;
• Help monitor news clippings from local newspapers on global, regional and national issues for UN HQs;• Assist in the preparation of briefing sessions on the work of ESCAP and other UN agencies for UN Briefing Programme;
• Assist in the organization and execution of special events to mark UN observances, press conferences, media launches or exhibitions;
• Assist with contributions to the contents of ESCAP’s website;
• Initiate and carry out assigned tasks/special projects.
Application deadline: 31 December 2014