Purpose of the Role:
This person will develop his/her secretarial skills as a member of the secretarial team which provides support for the executive staff members. His/her activities will include a wide range of administrative tasks under the supervision of a member of the team.
FuelsEurope represents the interests of 42 Companies operating petroleum refineries in the EU.
Members account for almost 100% of EU petroleum refining capacity and more than 75% of EU motor fuel retail sales.
The association aims to promote economically and environmentally sustainable refining, supply and use of petroleum products in the EU, by providing input and expert scientific advice to the EU Institutions, Member State Governments, member companies, and the wider community, thus contributing in a constructive and proactive way to the development and implementation of EU policies and regulations.
– Participation to organise Action Group and Task force meetings
– Work closely with, and under the supervision of the other members of the support staff
– Provide ad hoc support to Executives
- Administrative support to the Advisors and the Executives
o Keep diary up-to-date, organize meetings & travels,
- Organise meetings, workshops, audio/web conferences, etc.
o Collect and provide all relevant information for internal-external meetings as required
o Preparation of availability polls, meeting invitations, etc.
o Keep track of responses to meeting invitations
o Prepare meeting room (laptop, beamer, coffee, soft drinks), set up WebEx when required & order lunches
- General office support:
o Answer phone calls and welcome visitors
o Follow-up invitations to meetings/conferences etc.
o Enter new contacts in the database (on the basis of collected business cards)
- Format documents and send e-mail/letters
- Assist with the preparation and the formatting of presentations (PowerPoint)
- Maintain filing system on the server
- Work closely with other members of the support staff
- Contribute to keeping intranet and contact database up-to-date
- Assist in keeping filing and documentation in order
- Participate actively in the Association’s life and in the development of new projects
Skills & Competences
- Team worker
- Good oral and written communication abilities
- Flexible, diplomatic, with good cultural sensitivity
- Independent and autonomous
- Able to respect deadlines and tight timing
Education & Experience
- Excellent spoken and written English is a prerequisite (English mother tongue an advantage)
- Excellent computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel…)
- EU citizenship or eligible to work in the EU
The traineeship is remunerated.
For application, please send your CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com mentioning “Trainee in secretarial and administrative tasks” in the subject of your e-mail.
FuelsEurope – Bd du Souverain, 165 – 1160 Brussels – Belgium – www.fuelseurope.eu