Contact name Patricia de Wouters (mail email@example.com)
EUROCITIES, the network of major European cities, is looking for a project coordinator on migration/integration. The successful candidate will work under the supervision of the projects manager and the policy advisor for migration/ integration at the EUROCITIES Brussels office. He/she would ideally start early January 2018.
The project coordinator will coordinate a European project supporting city-to-city mentoring schemes on migration/integration policy and practice. The project builds on the EUROCITIES Integrating Cities Charter as well as previous projects (see www.integratingcities.eu) and will be delivered by EUROCITIES in cooperation with 19 member cities and expert partners. The main tasks include:
- Managing EUROCITIES’ ongoing project work in the area of migration/integration involving:
- Overall project management including work and budget planning
- Organising and leading project meetings
- Liaising with funding institutions and project partners
- Delivering project tasks and deliverables due by EUROCITIES such as methods development, research, report drafting, publication management, event organisation, dissemination
- Overseeing and preparation of technical and financial reports
- Travel as required for the purposes of the project
- Supporting the EUROCITIES working group migration/integration on the ‘Integrating Cities process’ and linking it to relevant project work (under the supervision of the policy advisor for migration/integration):
- Development of tools to support implementation of and reporting on the Integrating Cities Charter
- Organisation of Integrating Cities conferences in cooperation with host cities and European Commission
- Develop any other potential synergies between project and WG migration/integration
- Supporting project development in the area of social affairs in cooperation with the projects manager and the policy advisor for migration/integration
- Ability to speak English fluently and to write clear and concise reports in English; other languages an asset
- Experience of working with local/city governments or public sector partners
- Excellent relationship management, coordination, and communications skills
- Good networking abilities and interpersonal skills for an international environment
- Overall work experience of minimum 5 years, including 3 years in the field of EU-funded project management
- Up to date knowledge of migration/integration policies at EU level
- Experience in publications and event management
- Experience in running peer-reviews or study visits and capacity building events
- Experience in working with multiple stakeholders at transnational level
- A contract under Belgian legislation until 28 February 2019 (renewable depending on funding) starting in January of 2018
- Salary range between €2,800 to €3,200 gross per month according to experience
- Fringe benefits (meal vouchers, pension plan, hospitalisation insurance, refund of public transportation, 13th month, éco-chèques)
- The opportunity to work in a dynamic and international team
- A pleasant working environment
Applicants are requested to send a letter of motivation explaining their suitability for the position, together with a CV with at least two referees (including your current or last employer) by 12:00 on 30 November 2017 to: Patricia de Wouters, HR coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send the documents in pdf format and mention ‘project coordinator’ in the subject line.
Interviews will be held in Brussels on 6 & 7 December. Only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: 30 November 2017