The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 28 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The mission and tasks of the EU Delegation to Albania are the following:
- Facilitate development of political and economic relations between the EU and Albania and helping Albania in its path towards integration into the EU;
- Managing EU Assistance programmes;
- Disseminating information on the EU, informing the Albanian general public, decision makers and opinion formers about the integration process, EU institutions and its policies.
We offer a post of Project Officer. Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Project Officer – this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function the successful candidate will serve as technical and support staff to ensure effective and efficient programming and implementation of financial assistance in the area of energy and environment sectors (including climate change, energy efficiency and renewable energies and green economy development) under the supervision and responsibility of the relevant head of section.
Place of employment is Tirana, Albania. The contract signed with the selected candidate will be subject to local legislation. The length of the working week is 37,5 hours.
- Medically fit to perform the required duties;
- Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under local law;
- Has a satisfactory knowledge of English and Albanian;
- University Degree;
- At least 5 years of proven job-related experience (environment and/or energy)
- Languages: English and Albanian: ability to understand C1, ability to read C1, ability to speak C1, ability to write C2;
- Knowledge MS Office applications
The following will be considered an asset:
- Master degree in environment or energy related fields
- Experience in both sectors (environment and energy) of 7 years
- Knowledge of French language
How to apply
Please send your application and supporting documents (as requested below) to the following e-mail address (Subject of the e-mail: Project Officer): DELEGATION-ALBANIA-JOBS@eeas.europa.eu
The package should include
- Cover letter
- Detailed CV
- Certificates evidencing the minimum requirements for education and working experience
Please do not include other scans/documents not linked to the minimum requirements.
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents. The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase which may include an interview if necessary – during this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The deadline for applications is: 13 May 2018