The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 28 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation ensures the representation of the European Union to Ecuador and the long-term programming of aid and the management of programmes and devolved projects within the framework of the current reform of external aid management.
We offer a temporary post (3 months) – Project Officer Assistant. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Project Officer Assistant – this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation.
Under this job function the successful candidate will serve as support staff:
+ PROGRAM / PROCESS / PROJECT MANAGEMENT – Delegation’s project cycle management
- Ensure the follow-up of the implementation of EU-funded projects in the areas of competency: attend management and monitoring meetings, visit projects, elaborate progress reports on projects, and propose action if and when needed.
- Contribute to the evaluation of projects.
- Maintain contacts with other donors active in Ecuador in the areas of competency
- Give the “operational visa” on any document where required.
- Support colleagues to fulfil crosscutting issues criteria in the identification and formulation of binational projects and programmes, with particular regards to gender and rights-based approach.
+ SPECIFIC PROJECT/PROCESS MANAGEMENT
- Ensure the follow-up of the implementation of projects and the performance of project managers and partners, monitor contractual obligations (via periodic reviews, audits, reporting and assistance, etc.).
- Deal with horizontal activities, concertation and networking aspects of the programme and its projects.
- and any other task that the HoD considers necessary.
Under the supervision and responsibility of the Head of Cooperation and Head of Delegation.
This position is classified with 2500 USD as starting gross salary.
We look for:
- Post- secondary education attested by a diploma in Economics, International Relations, Development Cooperation or connected fields;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Spanish – ability to understand C2, ability to read C2, ability to speak C2, ability to write C2
- English – ability to understand C1, ability to read C1, ability to speak C1, ability to write C1
- Microsoft Office
- Communicative, self-starter, motivated, ability to work alone and/or in a team, respecting deadlines, ability to deal with stress situations, discretion and sense of confidentiality.
- Experience in European Institutions or Agencies
- Experience in multicultural environment
- Good knowledge about the functioning of the European Institutions
- French -ability to understand B2, ability to read B2, ability to speak B1, ability to write B2
How to apply
Please send your application and supporting documents by e-mail to Iciar.email@example.com before midnight – 24th July 2017. The package should include a cover letter and a detailed CV (template enclosed).
The candidates shortlisted will be invited to an interview with a Selection Committee at the end of July 2017.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone.
Please address any queries concerning this procedure to: firstname.lastname@example.org.