Summer International Law Camp is a unique possibility to improve your knowledge of international law, including International Humanitarian Law, and to obtain the skills which are necessary for successful participation in the Role Playing and Moot Court Competitions such as Jean-Pictet Competition, Jessup Moot Court Competition and others. Following questions will be a part of a discussion:
- Whether a cyber attack can be attributed to the State;
- How can it be attributed;
- Whether a State can be responsible for cyber attacks;
- Whether cyber attacks are prohibited as means or methods of war;
- What is the current practice of using cyber in armed conflicts.
The academic part of the Summer International Law Camp can be divided into two sections:
- Theoretical one – together with our experts participants will look for the answers to difficult questions and they will learn whether cyber attacks are governed by international law;
- Practical one – you will practice the skills of legal writing and oral pleadings through the participation in the Moot Court Competition.
Participation in the Summer International Law Camp is an excellent way to improve yourself as a professional and to take a significant step in the building of your careers in international law. Languages of the summer camp will be English and Russian. During the Summer International Law Camp the participants will enjoy a number of entertainment activities. Among them are the following:
- The visit of the famous historical place situated on the banks of the Berezina River where the army of Napoléon Bonaparte was defeated in 1812;
- Team building and team work experience;
- Life-skill masterclasses and life-hacks such as making a fire, swimming, correct installation of the tents and others from professional campers.
The tent camp will change its location through the week by comfort traveling on the tourist route on kayaks on the Berezina River (1-2 hours per day). The participants will be accompanied with the professional staff.
The Summer International Law Camp is open to foreign and Belarusian students as well as young professionals who are at least 18 years old.
The Course fee is EUR 350. For Belarusians the fee is established in belarusian roubles for 6 125 000 bel. roub. The fee includes: travel from Minsk to the Camp and back, accomodation in tent camp, all the needed equipment, meals, services of the adventure kayak company, lectures and educational materials. Thanks to International Law Association (BILA) scholarships are available. Scholarships can cover all the cost of the Course or its part. You can apply for scholarship filling in the relevant section of the online Application Form. International Law Association (BILA) provides visa support for foreign participants. Please, take into consideration that visa procedure takes up to two weeks and cannot be fulfilled in the Minsk Airport.
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 1 July 2015. To apply please fill the online Application Form HERE.
For more information please check the official website.
Location: 27-31 July 2015, Berezina River, Belarus