In 2015 the Kosovo Center of Diplomacy, in cooperation with University College “Victory”, will organize the third edition of its international summer program, the “Kosovo International Summer Academy” in Prishtina, Kosovo, with a special focus on “Peace building in post-conflict areas – Diplomacy, Leadership and Negotiations”
Date/Venue: 12-22 July 2015, Prishtina, Kosovo
Scholarships: A number of scholarships are available for most qualified applicants
The Kosovo International Summer Academy will be welcoming distinguished professors from the world’s most prestigious universities, diplomats, high-ranking officials, and representatives of civic society, to teach courses and deliver speeches on:
- Professional Etiquette and Protocol
- Peaceful Conflict Resolution
- EU Integration Process
- International Law
- Human Rights
- International Justice
- International Security and
- The Role of Civic Society in Peacebuilding.
The staff is working intensively to make sure that high-ranking officials of Kosovo, including President of Kosovo, Government and Parliament officials, and representatives of diplomatic missions in Kosovo will address the participants.
After the completion of the program, participants are requested to write an essay about their experience in this program, or an article related to Kosovo. The best essay/article will be translated and published in a Kosovo daily newspaper, and two others will be posted in web-page of Kosovo Center of Diplomacy(Opinions section).
Awarded Certificates and ECTS
All participants and attendees who fulfill the requirements during the program will be awarded with certificates by the Kosovo Center of Diplomacy and University College “Victory”.
Successful students will receive 4 ECTS credits of the course of ‘’Negotiation and Conflict Resolution’’, issued by the University College ‘’Victory’’.
Excursions and Cultural Activities
Throughout your study-abroad experience in Kosovo you will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of excursions and cultural activities.
- Tour of the Assembly of Kosovo
- Field trip to Prizren
- Field trip to Mitrovica
- Field trip to Mirusha Waterfalls
- Tour of museums and statues
- Meetings with high-ranking officials and ambassadors
- Citizens of all countries in the world are eligible to apply
- You must be over the age of 18
- High school graduates, undergraduate and graduate students are eligible
- You must be in good academic standing
Application Form (download here)
A completed application form is necessary to register for the Kosovo International Summer Academy. A confirmation letter will be sent by e-mail to all applicants upon reception of the application. All applicants will additionally be informed by e-mail regarding the decision of KSA Admissions Committee.
A completed application form with all supporting documents should be sent to: email@example.com with the subject line: Kosovo International Summer Academy Application Form. Should you have additional questions regarding the admission process or any other concerns related to Kosovo Summer Academy 2015, please do not hesitate to contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The tuition fee for the Kosovo Summer Academy is 850 EUR.
Program fee covers the following:
- Tuition – Tuition fee for the courses.
- Accommodation in Hotel Victory – The program fee covers your lodging during the length of the program.
- Transportation between Prishtina International Airport and the hotel.
- Meals – All scheduled meals are included in the program fee.
- Coffee break – All scheduled coffee and drinks between courses are included in the program fee.
- Vocational trips – All scheduled vocational trips(entrance fees of visits to museums, galleries, etc.) are included in the program fee
Scholarships awarding criteria
The following criteria are considered in the admissions process:
- Submitting your application early
- Financial need
- Merit and existing leadership experience
- Intercultural experience
- Priority deadline: May 1st, 2015. Scholarships will be given priority to applications received before this deadline. Scholarships are awarded on a rolling basis and earlier applications are given priority.
- Visa Deadline: May 5th, 2015 (This Deadline applies if you need a visa to enter Kosovo)
- Final Deadline: June 5th, 2015
For further information please visit the official website http://academy-ks.org/