Senior Project Officer (Grade B5)
Office of the Directorate General of Programmes
Office in Ankara
Under the authority of the Head of Office and the supervision of the Directorate General of Human Rigths and Rule of Law (DGI) of the Council of Europe, the Senior Project Officer carries out multiple assignments to meet the overall and specific objectives for the implementation of the European Union/Council of Europe Joint Programme “Strengthening Judicial Ethics in Turkey”, in co-operation with the donors, partners and other stakeholders, and in compliance with the organisation’s regulations and/or donor requirements.
Note: The incumbent may be required to travel within Turkey.
Employment is limited to the duration of the Project (end date 11/12/2017).
The Senior Project Officer shall perform the following tasks, in close co-operation with the Project team, and in accordance with the Organisation’s procedures, guidelines and priorities, with a concern for quality, efficiency, accuracy and confidentiality:
- plans, organises, implements and follows up on programme activities in accordance with the work plan and its calendar of activities and in close co-operation with national partners and stakeholders;
- supervises administrative and logistical support to implement the Project;
- reports on activities in progress and if and when problems occur;
- suggests priorities and adjustments to the content, methodology or the workplan as necessary;
- contributes to the drafting of Project reports; prepares and submits any other documentation and reports as required;
- ensures close budgetary follow-up of all activities and expenditures;
- oversees the preparation of Project Steering Committee and ensures proper follow-up to decisions taken;
- ensures the visibility of the Project;
- undertakes official journeys in connection with the Project activities;
- carrys out other tasks as may be required in connection with the Project activities;
- contributes to the efficient functioning of the office, in collaboration with the Head of Office, the Deputy Head of Office and the direct Project management in Strasbourg.
Please note that the incumbent may be required to perform other duties not listed in the vacancy notice.
Location : Ankara, Turkey
Closing date: 29 September 2016