The European Association for the Study of the Liver (EASL) is a medical society and the leading scientific liver association in Europe. It aims to promote liver research and improve the treatment of liver disease throughout Europe. Since being founded in 1966, EASL has grown to become the home of Hepatology with over 4000 hepatology experts as members, and attracting over 10,000 participants to its annual congress.
Based in Geneva, EASL also has an operating office in Brussels and is seeking to recruit an Access to Medicines Policy Officer. This is a new post, which will be located in Brussels.
– Bachelor degree or higher in a relevant subject (public health, international/EU relations/political science, law, pharmacy and/or economics preferred, but other disciplines will be considered)
– Excellent written and spoken English plus fluency in at least one other EU language
– Demonstrable knowledge of the EU institutions and relevant stakeholders
– A basic knowledge of EU pharmaceutical, intellectual property and trade legislation and policy as it applied to pharmaceutical products and medical devices
– Knowledge of EU and/or national pricing structures and policies for medicines and Health Technology Assessment
– 3-5 years previous experience in an EU/international policy making/advisory or advocacy role
– Excellent analytical, interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
– A good knowledge of office tools (Microsoft etc) and social media platforms
– Motivated and flexible self-starter and team player
– Ability and willingness to undertake some travel
– The right to reside and work in Belgium
Deadline: 25 September 2016
Read more and apply here.