Inspired by the Rhodes Scholarship, Schwarzman Scholars is a highly selective international scholarship program designed to prepare future leaders for success in a world where China plays a key global role.
The program will give the world’s best and brightest students the opportunity to develop their leadership skills through a fully-funded, one-year Master’s Degree at Tsinghua University – one of China’s most prestigious universities. The application is now available, and the deadline is October 1, 2015.
- Undergraduate degree or first degree from an accredited college or university or its equivalent. Applicants who are currently enrolled in undergraduate degree programs must be on track to successfully complete all degree requirements by June 30, 2016, before orientation begins. There are no requirements for a specific field of undergraduate study; all fields are welcome, but it will be important for applicants, regardless of undergraduate major, to articulate how participating in Schwarzman Scholars will help develop their leadership potential within their field.
- English language proficiency. Applicants must demonstrate strong English Language skills, as all teaching will be conducted in English. If the applicant’s native language is not English, official English proficiency test scores must be submitted with the application. Acceptable test options are:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT)
- Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Pearson’s (PTE Academic)
This requirement is waived for applicants who graduated from an undergraduate institution where the language of instruction was English at an institution located in a country where English was a national language.
- Age. Applicants must be at least 18 but not yet 29 years of age as of June 30, 2016.
- There are no citizenship or nationality requirements.