The EU Delegation to the West Bank and Gaza Strip (“the Delegation”): The basis of the EU’s work is its long-standing commitment to the vision of an independent and sovereign state of Palestine living side by side with Israel in peace and security. The EU works closely with the Palestinian Authority (PA) to build viable institutions that are essential to run a democratic state. The bottom-up process of building the institutions of the future Palestinian state is complemented by political work. The EU – with the UN, the US and Russia – is a member of the so-called Quartet which mediates between the two parties in an effort to advance the two-state solution.
We offer a post of Project Officer. Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Project Officer – this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function the successful candidate will serve as technical and support staff and will be responsible for advising on and managing, under the supervision of the Head of Macroeconomic Support, Social Development and UNRWA Operations (OPS4) Section, the implementation of programmes and projects in the following sectors: Macroeconomics/Fiscal Policy/Public Finance Management.
The working hours are Mondays to Thursdays from 8:30 to 17:00 and Fridays 8:30 to 14:00 with a compulsory 30 minutes minimum lunch break. The place of employment is 5, George Adam Street, Jerusalem. This is a group 1 post and the starting basic monthly salary is ILS 20,655.
We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
I. Functions and Duties:
1. Sector analysis, strategy formulation and programming (Function type: Policy Analysis)
- Support policy dialogue with all relevant ministries, agencies, donors and other relevant stakeholders in all areas of concern.
- Contribute to sector analysis and to the definition of a sector strategy for the European Community under the European Neighbourhood Policy.
2. Sectoral reporting (Function type: Internal Communication)
- Observe, monitor and report regularly and in fashion (including early warnings on potential dispute) on sectoral issues, as well as in response to any specific requests.
3. Delegation’s project cycle management (Function. type: Programming/Project/Process Management)
- Contribute to the programming, identification and appraisal in close cooperation with the beneficiary institutions where necessary.
- Contribute to all aspects of the procurement process (drafting Guidelines, Terms of Reference, launching call for proposals, tenders, etc.).
- Monitor ongoing projects, attend management and monitoring meetings, elaborate progress reports on projects and propose action if and when needed.
- Evaluate projects.
- Maintain contacts with other donors active in the host country.
4. External Relations (Function type: External Relations)
- Maintain good and effective contacts with the relevant stakeholders (with local operators in the field, with national authorities and institutions, with representatives of the diplomatic missions of the Member States, with representatives of the principle international donors and agencies, with NGOs and other local non-official actors).
- Prepare and assist in mission from Headquarters.
5. Communication relating to programme and projects (Function type: External Communication)
- Produce and disseminate best results of projects at workshops, seminars, conferences and other public events.
- Extract and disseminate best practices and facilitate exchange of experiences.
- Contribute to the production of publications, visibility/information material, briefings notes, etc. for various audiences.
We look for
II. Education and training
- Formal education which corresponds to completed university studies of at least three years’ duration attested by a BA/ B.Sc. in economics, macroeconomics or public policy.
- A master degree in one of these fields is considered as asset.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience.
- Minimum of 3 years specific experience is required in macroeconomics/fiscal policy/public finance management sectors and/or in budget support operations in the public sector.
- Minimum of 2 years specific experience is required in project management and/or project supervision in the above fields.
- Previous experience with the European Union an advantage.
1. Specialist knowledge
- Excellent command of the project cycle management.
2. Technical knowledge
- Computer literacy in key software packages (WORD, EXCEL, Outlook).
1. Linguistic skills
- English, Arabic.
- French, Hebrew an advantage.
2. Communication skills
- Excellent communication skills – including report/documentation/manuals writing.
3. Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team with people of diverse background.
- Ability to deal with stress situations, work under pressure and produce results also under very tight deadlines
Application deadline: 28th April 2017 at 14:00