Vacancy Notice N° e46/2017
Production Schedule Manager (Grade A1/A2)
Directorate General of Democracy (DG II)
European Directorate for the Quality of Medicines & HealthCare (EDQM)
Reference Standards and Samples Division
Under the authority of the Director of the European Directorate for the Quality of Medicines & Healthcare (EDQM) and the authority of the Head of Reference Standards and Samples Division, the incumbent will plan, co-ordinate and implement tasks associated with the elaboration and monitoring of Production Schedules (taking account of the production capacity) and needs for materials, in accordance with policies, guidelines, quality assurance systems, priorities and deadlines.
* External recruitment procedure organised in accordance with Article 15B of the Regulations on Appointments
The incumbent performs the following key duties:
- devises, implements and follows up the production management policy for the creation and maintenance of stocks (master plan, “product master data”, material requirements planning throughout the process, information system, …); in so doing takes into account stocks of raw materials, outsourcing, means, production capacities and unforeseeable events, needs for finished products, projected sales and levels of contingency stocks to be produced as well as the time needed for procurement, production, quality control and final batch release;
- attends and participates in production meetings, communicating schedule changes and taking account of relevant non-manufacturing activities that could impact output;
- coordinates the logistical information flows with various internal entities, e.g. EDQM Laboratory, Order Processing, Production, Purchasing, etc. as required to ensure the production schedule is kept current and accurate;
- collates, monitors reports on metrics related to on-time delivery, cycle time, productivity, and scheduled start adherence; helps resolve job cost variances.
Please note that the incumbent may be required to perform other duties not listed in the vacancy notice.
Location : Strasbourg, France
Closing date: 02 May 2017