Vacancy Notice N° o16/2017
North-South Centre of the Council of Europe
Under the authority of the Executive Director and the supervision of the Deputy Exectuive Director, the incumbent will carry out a variety of tasks related with the implementation of the North-South Centre (NSC) programme of activities in the field of youth co-operation, in compliance with general guidelines and priorities and with a concern for quality, efficiency and accurancy.
The incumbent performs the following key duties:
- assists the Deputy Director in the pratical and logistic organisation and implementation of activities in the field of youth co-operation in accordance with the NSC programme and respective calendar of activities;
- contributes to the development of the Centre´s expertise capacity in the field of youth co-operation as well as to the programme´s visibility by disseminating information and managing the NSC website as regards youth co-operation in accordance with instructions;
- assists the Deputy Director in reports drafting related with the programme;
- seeks and collects information, data and documentation;
- assists in ensuring quality and relevance of the youth programme and it´s alignment with Council of Europe activities in this field of action by interacting with conterparts at headquartes and relevant stakeholders;
- undertakes official journes in connection with the youth co-operation programme;
- participates in meetings and follows up on actions agreed;
- works in close contact with the Global Education and Women Empowerment Programmes in order to ensure complementarity and coordination of all these activities;
- reports to the supervisor on activities in progress and if and when a problem occurs;
- may co-ordinate a small team or work unit to maintain efficient day-to-day running of the activities;
- assits in managing the youth co-operation activities foreseen within the iLegend (Intercultural Learning Exchange through Global Education, Networking and Dialogue) project.
Please note that the incumbent may be required to perform other duties not listed in the vacancy notice.
Location : Lisbon, Portugal
Closing date: 24 April 2017