Under the authority of the Head of the Council of Europe Office and the supervision of the Head of the Centre of Expertise for Local Government Reform within the Department of Democratic Institutions and Governance of the Directorate General of Democracy, the Project Assistants shall support the effective implementation of the Council of Europe/European Union Joint Programme “Human Resources Management in Local Self- Government in Serbia”.
Employment is limited to the duration of the Project which is expected to end on 20 December 2017.
The Project Assistants perform the following duties in accordance with the Council of Europe’s procedures, guidelines and priorities, with a concern for quality, efficiency, accuracy and confidentiality:
– Assist the day-to-day implementation, preparation, organisation and follow-up of the activities of the Project, completing all necessary arrangements in advance and in a timely manner;
– Follow up work or activities in progress and report to the supervisor, especially if and when problems occur;
– Make practical arrangements connected to project activities (travel, visa requests, accommodation and meeting venue bookings, local transport arrangements, interpretation); assist in the reimbursement of travel expenses in accordance with relevant procedures; verify cost of missions;
– Draft and format correspondence, memos, documents, contract letters and financial arrangements in line with instructions and relevant procedures;
– Proof-read and make grammatical corrections of texts; check translations;
– Seek and collect information, documentation and data; distribute information or documentation to the persons concerned; prepare production and distribution of documents;
– Classifie files, catalogues and documentation;
– Enter data and processes purchasing orders;
– Act as liaison between external/internal contacts;
– Report to the supervisor(s) on activities in progress and if and when problems occur;
– Contribute to the efficient functioning of the office, in collaboration with the Head of Office, the Deputy Head of Office and the direct Project management in Strasbourg.
Please note that the incumbent may be required to perform other duties not listed in the vacancy notice.
Closing date: 15 February 2016
Location : Belgrade, Serbia