Project Officer (Grade B4)
Office of the Directorate General of Programmes
Council of Europe Office in Belgrade
Under the authority of the Head of the Council of Europe Office and the supervision of the Head of the Centre of Expertise for Local Government Reform within the Department of Democratic Institutions and Governance of the Directorate General of Democracy, the Project Officers shall support the effective implementation of the Council of Europe/European Union Joint Programme “Human Resources Management in Local Self- Government in Serbia”.
Employment is limited to the duration of the Project which is expected to end on 20 December 2017.
The Project Officers perform the following duties in accordance with the Council of Europe’s procedures, guidelines and priorities, with a concern for quality, efficiency, accuracy and confidentiality:
– Assist the Senior Project Officer in the planning and organisation of the Programme’s activities (conferences, seminars, round-tables, working groups, meetings of the Steering Committee and other events) and provide administrative and/or logistical support for their implementation;
– Participate in meetings, takes minutes and follow up on actions agreed;
– Liaises with key local partners (EUD, Government of Serbia, Standing Conference of Serbian towns and municipalities);
– Report to the Senior Project Officers in Belgrade and in Strasbourg on the results achieved and on the problems encountered;
– Contribute to the preparation of reports on the implementation of the programme;
– Contribute to the preparation of information and briefing notes on local self-government in Serbia;
– Collect information about the programme activities from different mass media, liaise with Serbian media and provide administrative and/or logistical support for the organisation of media events and other visibility actions when required, in consultation with the Senior Project Officer in Strasbourg and the Belgrade Office;
– Contribute to keeping the programme page of the web-site of the Belgrade Office up to date by writing short news highlights about key activities (in Serbian and in English);
– Contribute to the efficient functioning of the office, in collaboration with the Head of Office, the Deputy Head of Office and the direct Project management in Strasbourg.
Please note that the incumbent may be required to perform other duties not listed in the vacancy notice.
Closing date: 15 February 2016
Location : Belgrade, Serbia