Under the overall supervision of the Head of Programmes and Networks Unit and the line management of the Programme Manager, the Assistant will be responsible for:
- Assisting logistically and administratively during the development and implementation of activities and in relation to specific events. Acting as focal point for a concrete activity if required by the supervisor.
- Supporting the follow up of the activities with partners, service providers, counterparts and or beneficiary institutions as well as associated experts to ensure their effective implementation.
- Supporting in the elaboration of the authorization forms in the information management cycle (concept notes, global commitment of founds, technical sheets, data compilation and reporting).
- Maintaining and compilation of the contact and activities database.
- Keeping track of paper flow and assisting in maintaining up to date project files.
- Assisting in collecting information and statistical data and in the reporting exercise for each of the activities assigned
- Facilitating the circulation of information, applying to the Project Management Cycle, using the Internal Information System and sharing the database of the programmes in order to achieve transparency and accountability.
- Contributing in the elaboration of materials and visibility tools for the ALF Programmes.
- Ensuring the update of the monthly calendar of activities related to the ALF Programmes.
- Carrying out other duties assigned by the Head of Unit or by the Programmes Manager in line with the position covered, with a justification and on a temporary, even-handed basis.
2A.Required Education and work Experience
The successful candidate for this post must have:
- A Bachelor University Degree in a relevant field;
- Minimum one year of experience in a related work field,
- Knowledge of basic administration and financial rules according to best practices;
- Knowledge in organization of meetings and events (logistics);
- Knowledge of principles and practices of office management;
- High level of computer proficiency, especially in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power-point and Database program);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Communication skills – written and verbal;
- Information gathering and information monitoring;
- Good sense of organisation with a capacity to prioritise work;
- Organizational skills, ability to multi-task and to work effectively under pressure;
- Problem assessment and problem solving;
- Ability to work in a team and adapt to cultural environments;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- High degree of initiative, flexibility with a drive for efficiency and results.
2C.Other relevant Experience/knowledge
- Previous experience in donor funded projects and knowledge of EU procedures;
- Familiar with working with different stakeholders such as NGOs, Public Foundations;
- Knowledge of Project Management Cycle.
- Relevant Professional Training and Educational Qualifications;
- Additional years of overall professional experience in the related field of activities and;
- Ability to work proficiently in Arabic and French.
Applicants must be nationals of one of the 42 (UFM) countries: Albania, Algeria, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mauritania, Monaco, Montenegro, Morocco, Palestine, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, The Netherlands, Tunisia, Turkey and the United Kingdom.
Job location: Alexandria, Egypt
Deadline: 1st December, 2015