A paid traineeship within the Political, Press and Information Section of the Delegation of the European Union to the Kyrgyz Republic.
- Contribution to political and economic reporting
- Conducting research on topics required (Kyrgyz foreign, domestic and security policy, political, economic, social developments in Central Asia)
- Taking minutes of meetings as required
- Attending and reporting on public events, seminars, conferences
- Creation of content for Delegation’s Facebook page
- Administrative support to events organized by the Delegation
- Other tasks set by the Head of Section
Are you eligible for remunerated traineeship?
You may apply for the traineeship if:
- You are a young graduate with a University diploma (at least Bachelor degree), preferably in International Relations, Social studies, Politics, Economics, Journalism or similar subject
- You have less than 1 year of professional experience
- You are a national of an EU Member State
- You have no previous professional experience in any of the EU institutions of more than 6 weeks
- Excellent English, spoken and written
- Excellent writing and research skills
- Commitment, ability to complete tasks on schedule, willingness to learn and to contribute to the activities of the Delegation
Additional requirements that would be an asset
- Knowledge of Russian language
- Knowledge of Central Asia or Eastern Europe
What are the general rules?
- Start of traineeship – between 1 May and 15 September 2018
- Duration: from two to six months
- Monthly grant: selected trainee will receive a monthly grant of 400 EUR
- Visa: trainees are responsible for obtaining and covering the cost of necessary visa
- Travel: trainees have to arrange and finance their travel to the EU Delegation
- Accommodation: the trainee will have to cover the accommodation costs
- Other employment during the internship is not allowed
How to apply?
Please send your detailed curriculum vitae and a motivational letter in English by 30 March 2018 to the following email address: DELEGATION-KYRGYZSTAN-POLITICAL@eeas.europa.eu