You will be part of the Directorate General Communications. Our Directorate General is responsible for communicating the official views of the ECB/Eurosystem/European System of Central Banks (ESCB) and informing the public and the media about the ECB’s tasks, mission and organisation. We manage all media relations and public affairs, and answer enquiries from the general public, journalists, institutions, academics and others.
We are currently working on a wide range of communication projects and initiatives to make the ECB more accessible to different audiences.
We are seeking two trainees to join the Internal and External Engagement Division within the Directorate General. The positions offer excellent opportunities to join a fast-paced environment and to gain an insight into a broad range of communication topics, both external and internal. You will be part of a multicultural team that strives for continuous innovation to make a positive impact on the lives of European citizens.
You will be part of the Internal Engagement team, which has recently increased in size and scope. Our key objective is to ensure that colleagues are informed, engaged, empowered and can speak confidently about the ECB.
You will contribute to:
- developing visuals, including infographics, and contributing to internal presentations;
- drafting, reviewing and posting intranet articles;
- organising and developing concepts for internal events;
- liaising with business area stakeholders on internal communication requests;
- contributing to data collection and analysis.
External Engagement Team:
You will be part of the External Engagement team, which responds to public enquiries, manages the ECB Visitor Centre and the ECB’s tailored lectures programme, and advises on and coordinates high-level visits to the ECB. We engage with the general public about the mission and activities of the ECB to foster understanding of our work and promote trust in the ECB.
You will contribute to:
- managing requests for visits to the ECB Visitor Centre and tailored lectures;
- facilitating visits to the ECB Visitor Centre in English, German and, depending on your language skills, a third language, preferably French or Italian;
- preparing statistical reports and dashboards (including a quantitative and qualitative assessment) on visits to the ECB Visitor Centre and tailored lectures;
- collecting feedback from visitors and providing feedback reports for upgrades of the ECB Visitor Centre;
- enhancing communication opportunities through the ECB Visitor Centre, including by updating and producing content and developing communication material for the further strengthening of the visitor experience.
Essential for all positions in the Division:
- a bachelor’s degree or higher in communications, economics, international relations, business administration, political science, psychology, marketing management, public relations or another relevant field;
- a clear understanding of the ECB’s mission, tasks and responsibilities and the ability to describe them in clear and simple terms;
- a mastery-level command of English and an intermediate command of at least one other official language of the EU;
- experience of producing communication materials, both written and visual, and the ability to simplify complex concepts and texts.
In addition, for the External Engagement position:
- proven knowledge and understanding of economics, including in the field of central banking and/or banking supervision;
- a mastery-level command of German;
- an advanced command of at least one other official language of the EU, ideally French or Italian.
- experience in face-to-face engagement with the public;
You are curious and eager to learn, and want to further develop your ability to analyse complex information. You are keen to collaborate with others, pursue team goals and learn from other people’s diverse perspectives. You strive to know and anticipate stakeholder needs, and will signal any need for change and propose alternative solutions.
Place of work: Frankfurt, Germany
Closing date for applications: Tuesday, 3 April 2018