Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. Through more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
The Conventions Unit works with international anti-corruption conventions and other instruments which form the international legal framework for combating corruption, particularly the UN Convention against Corruption (UNCAC) and the OECD Anti-Bribery Convention. It is also the secretariat for the UNCAC Coalition.
Main function: Assisting the Conventions Unit in work relating to international anti-corruption instruments, especially the OECD Anti-Bribery Convention and the UN Convention against Corruption.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Duration: Until 31 December 2014
Department: Conventions Unit
Remuneration: EUR 450 (according to the German labour and social security law)
Location: Berlin, Germany
- Assisting in preparing fundraising proposals
- Provide assistance in the organisation of events (workshops, meetings, training, etc.)
- Work related to the International Anti-Corruption Conference (IACC), UN Working Groups and UNCAC Conference of States Parties
- Correspondence with national groups regarding the UN Convention against Corruption and the OECD Anti-Bribery Convention
- Communications work, including updating web pages, writing/editing blogs and managing social media pages
- Research on conventions-related issues and preparation of draft papers
- Providing general administrative assistance in day-to-day operations
The closing date for applications is 20 July 2014.