Justice and Reconciliation Project (JRP) is a non-profit organisation with a country wide mandate and with its office based in Gulu. JRP works to support local level transitional justice processes through seeking to understand and explain the interests, needs, concerns and views of the communities affected by various conflicts in Uganda. Their work focuses on the active involvement of communities in documentation, research and advocacy on local level transitional justice issues as a means of giving a voice to the affected communities.
JRP seeks to recruit vibrant individuals to join a team of over 30 employees currently based in Gulu, Uganda to fill the following position:
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assistant
The Justice and Reconciliation Project (JRP) seeks a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assistant to work to set up, manage and contribute to the implementation of JRP’s M&E framework.
- Reports to the Communications and Advocacy Team Leader
- Participate in developing and implementing the organisational monitoring and evaluation framework
- Support work to ensure that accurate and complete M&E, as well as data collection and storage systems are set up, maintained and updated
- Conduct regular field visits to monitor project implementation and adherence to the organisational M&E framework
- Analyse indicator results and provide feedback to project implementers on implementation progress
- Write success stories, blogs and reports on organisational activities
- Assist in preparing quarterly and annual reports
- Assist in providing M&E training to staff as necessary; and,
- Contribute to other written presentations.
The M&E Assistant will have:
- A bachelor’s degree in the field relevant to Monitoring and Evaluation
- Excellent computer literacy, including knowledge of SPSS or other data analysis software such as Microsoft Excel and Access
- Demonstrable research, writing and analytical skills
- Demonstrable capacity to oversee M&E implementation; and,
- Demonstrable capacity to understand and analyse the post-conflict context in northern Uganda.
- A minimum of one year of professional experience in M&E; and,
- Professional experience in the human rights and/or post-conflict situations will be an added advantage.
All suitably qualified employees of JRP and citizens of good standing in any country, preferably Ugandans are invited to apply to the above position. Your application should include the position you are applying for. For instance “M&E Assistant – [Your name]“.Curriculum Vitae with full details of experience, achievements, qualifications and the names and contact details of three references should be addressed to The Chairman Board of Directors. Please send an email to email@example.com. No hard copy submissions will be accepted.
JRP an equal opportunity employer and shall not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.
Location: Gulu, Uganda
Deadline: All applications should be submitted by 30th August 2015. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification of one’s application.