Legal Intern for Research and Policy Team – ECPAT International
Position: Legal Intern for Research and Policy Team (Native English speaker)
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Duration: Six Months
Reports to: Head of Research and Policy
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE INTERNSHIP
The ECPAT International internship programme is designed to provide an opportunity to eligible candidates to contribute to and learn about child protection issues, particularly children’s rights to live free of commercial sexual exploitation. Interns are eligible to participate in the ECPAT International Secretariat activities. Interns are expected to carry out the duties assigned to them under the responsibility of the designated supervisor(s).
- Research, collect and analyse information on national laws and legal procedures related to the commercial sexual exploitation of children (CSEC) in an ECPAT target country. This includes identifying amendments and changes, identifying good practices, researching case law and national level child rights mechanisms on child prostitution, child pornography, trafficking of children for sexual purposes and sexual exploitation of children in travel and tourism;
- Research, collect and analyse information on preventive measures, coordination and cooperation mechanisms and child and youth participation measures on the selected country in relation to CSEC;
- Based on this research, draft a detailed and comprehensive Country Monitoring Report (CMR) for that country;
- As requested, review other ECPAT publications and materials to strengthen texts related to legal and research frameworks;
- Assist ECPAT International with translation and proofreading of publications and other documents;
- Other tasks as assigned;
- On an informal and as-needed basis, assist with other ECPAT regional and thematic programmatic tasks.
A modest stipend of 10,000 Bath/month (around $280 USD) will be made available to the intern who is not sponsored by other organisations or institutions. All other costs related to the internship, i.e., travel, passport, visa or living costs in Bangkok, are to be borne by the intern or his/her sponsoring institution or organisation.
Application Deadline: 15 September 2016
Permanent link to this article: http://www.cosmopolitalians.eu/legal-intern-research-policy-team-ecpat-international/