As a Legal Intern and part of the Google legal regional team, you will play an important part in helping to respond to some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. You will get an insight into the legal issues at Google and YouTube and learn to expect the unexpected and be equipped with the full tool-kit of professional skills to handle whatever comes in. This role will test your organization skills, attention to detail, versatility and composure. You will get the chance to demonstrate that you have sound legal judgment, can learn quickly in a fast-paced environment, and can communicate confidently at all levels. An interest in technology and the internet, an understanding of Google’s online technologies and services as well as experience from working or studying abroad in an English speaking country, will be important assets for this job.
- Conduct legal research on a variety of legal topics including: intellectual property, consumer regulations, media regulations, advertising law, data protection, etc.
- Respond to various legal requests from users and third parties in relation to Google services.
- Assist the legal team in the preparation and the management of court actions.
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of internal knowledge databases for the legal team.
- Review and draft contracts.